The actions of the Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) gained 5.1% last week, outperforming the S&P 500 (down 1.2%). Additionally, the stock has risen 2.3% in the past ten days against a 3.5% decline in broad markets. However, if you look at the change over the past month, it tells a different story – WU stock slipped 6.9% from the S & P500’s 2.4% decline. Overall, this implies that while the stock has underperformed the S & P500 over a month, it has seen some rally in the past ten days.
The company posted mixed results in the third quarter, beating earnings estimates but missing revenue expectations. WU’s revenue recovery in the first nine months has been slower than expected. Notably, the consensus estimate of revenue for fiscal 2021 is around $ 5.08 billion, down 4% from 2019 levels. In addition, several countries around the world have reintroduced restrictions related to Covid-19 in light of increasing cases and the emergence of a new variant, the Omicron. This will probably affect The income of the Western Union company growth in the year. This is the main reason for the drop in stocks over the past month.
Now, is WU’s stock about to rise further, or can we expect a decline? We believe there is a 65% chance that The Western Union Company stock will rise in the next month (21 trading days) based on our machine learning analysis of stock price trends. action over the past ten years. See our analysis on Western Union Company stock may rise.
21 days: WU -6.9%, vs S & P500 -2.4%; Underperformed market
(10% chance of event; 65% chance of increase over next 21 days)
- The actions of the Western Union Company lost 6.9% in the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to a broader market decline (S & P500) of 2.4%
- A change of -6.9% or more in twenty-one trading days is a 10% probability event, which has occurred 245 times out of 2,515 in the past ten years
- Of these 245 cases, the stock experienced a positive movement over the next twenty-one trading days on 160 occasions.
- This indicates a 65% probability that the stock will rise over the next twenty-one trading days.
Ten days: WU 2.3%, vs S & P500 -3.5%; Outperformed market
(33% probability event; 52% probability of increasing over the next 10 days)
- The actions of the Western Union Company increased by 2.3% in the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to a broader market decline (S & P500) of 3.5%
- A change of 2.3% or more over ten trading days is a 33% probability event, which has occurred 827 out of 2,515 times in the past ten years
- Of these 827 cases, the stock has seen a positive movement over the next ten trading days on 429 occasions.
- This indicates a 52% probability that the stock will increase over the next ten trading days
Five days: WU 5.1%, vs S & P500 -1.2%; Outperformed market
(5% probability event; 43% probability of increase in the next five days)
- The actions of the Western Union Company gained 5.1% over a five-day trading period ending 3/12/2021, versus the broader market decline (S & P500) of 1.2%
- A change of 5.1% or more over five trading days (one week) is a 5% probability event, which has occurred 119 times out of 2,515 in the past ten years
- Of these 119 cases, the stock has seen a positive movement over the next five trading days on 51 occasions.
- This indicates a 43% probability that the stock will increase over the next five trading days
What if you were looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? here is a quality portfolio which has been regularly beating the market since the end of 2016.
Invest with Trefis Wallets that beat the market
See everything Trefis Price estimates